Sunday, January 03, 2010

chair rail

chair rail
–noun
a molding on an interior wall for preventing the backs of chairs from rubbing against plaster.
Origin: 1835–45


New chair rail for living room:





Chair rail is 1 x 5 white pine. I have not finished this project yet because I have not finished the usual experimentation with colors. I will probably go with the combination in the picture above(Summer's Tan above, Butterscotch Candy below chair rail). In photo Below, I tried out Butterscotch above the chair rail.



Below, front door framed using antique shutters from Rudy's. $20 each tops.




wind-swept powder

As busy as it gets downtown on a snowy Sunday





Rte 85







solitude




Poetry

the Box Elder blog is written in an economy that just resonates with me which is why I have a link to it on my blog. I stumbled upon it once when googling filigree. Anyways please read her 2009 new years eve wish.

http://box-elder.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-years-eve-2009.html

1 comment:

Angela & Guillaume said...

I read it - I like it.
xo
sister

Mohawk Trail leaf peepage

  In this post there is much foliage to be seen between Greenfield and North Adams, in northwest Massachusetts. You'll see a series of p...