Monday, July 07, 2008

Céad míle fáilte

A hundred thousand welcomes



Painting of the front door

For months, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do about the front door - paint or replace. I figured an idea would come in time. The front door was a white oval-window steel door, which wasn't my style. And the white steel finish made it feel like a fridge or washer.

Sunday evening, I painted the front door black, inspired by Irish pubs which often have black heavy old doors, and ornate windows, that open up to good cheer. And is it safe to say that people prefer walking into Irish pubs more than washing machines??? Actually, the black idea first came from a cape in Westwood, that I drove past on Sunday on the way to Milford.


Painting the door was a 2-hr bedtime project. Rust-Oleum gloss black.






I painted the outside face only. The inside face remains white till I choose a color & paint the interior front entry way area.















How does it look?





new truck on left!














2 comments:

Angela & Guillaume said...

LOVE the door. Looks bad-ass.

Anonymous said...

The door looks great. Love the red truck also.

Did you find any gems at the Brimfield fair??

Love The Aunt and The Uncle

Mohawk Trail leaf peepage

  In this post there is much foliage to be seen between Greenfield and North Adams, in northwest Massachusetts. You'll see a series of p...